(Ages 7 – 10)
The Gold Rush Western Treasure Hunt is designed as a fun hunt that can be done in any home. Participants can all work together or be placed on teams to do the hunt. It is designed so that participants travel from place to place to pick up clues that, once solved, will lead teams to the next location. The ultimate goal is to find the gold treasure. All of the clues have been written for you. All you need to do is print them out, pick your locations where you can hide them, and get the participants ready to go on their hunt. There are a couple of clues that require simple props or some preparation from the hunt leader prior to the hunt. The great thing about this hunt is that there are more clues that you need – a total of eleven. You can choose the ones that work best for your location and group and discard the rest. There are also fun activity suggestions for eight different games that you can do to enhance the hunt.
Gold Rush Western Treasure Hunt Premise
Howdy! Are ya ready for an adventure in the Wild West?
Thar’s gold in them hills but there’s just one hitch.
It takes a mighty smart cowboy to find it – to that I can attest.
Follow the clues here and ya might just strike it rich!
Gold Rush Western Treasure Hunt Sample Clue
Who the Gold Rush Western Treasure Hunt Is For
- Ages 7 – 10
- Can be played with individual participants or with teams
What makes this kids scavenger hunt – ideal for children aged 7-10?
The clues are:
- Fun to read and solve – Each clue incorporates the western theme and requires the teams to solve some sort of puzzle or riddle to find the next location.
- Eye-Catching – The Gold Rush Western Treasure Hunt materials are professionally designed with colorful graphics that children will find appealing. Don’t worry about not being able to use the materials – they all come in an easy-to-use PDF document. See the How the Gold Rush Western Treasure Hunt is Delivered section for more information.
- Customized – You have control over how the hunt is delivered to the children. Some of the clue locations are designed to work in most homes while others are customized by you so you can write in where teams need to go to find their next clue. For instance, you can have them go to the mailbox, look behind a certain chair, or look under the slide on a swing set.
What’s Included in the Gold Rush Western Treasure Hunt?*
- Directions – A step-by-step walk-through of what you need to do to implement the hunt
- Pre-preparations – What to do in the lead-up to the hunt
- How to run the hunt – Including tips for a successful event
- Print-outs – All of the printer-ready handouts you will need for the hunt including 10 clue cards
- Templates – Blank templates matching the look and feel of the clue cards to be used for invitations, name tags, food labels, etc.
- Suggestions/Directions for eight games that enhance the Western theme
*Most of what you need for this hunt is supplied in the downloadable materials. However, there are optional games that you may want to add to the hunt that require additional supplies.
How the Gold Rush Western Treasure Hunt Is Delivered
If you choose the download, in the order confirmation page and confirmation email there will be a link where you can click to download your purchased product. Otherwise, you can revisit www.mastersofthehunt.com and click on the “Login” link at the top of the site – then go to “My Account.” When you log on, the hunt can be retrieved from “My Downloads.”
Please note, downloads are available from the moment your order is complete and remain available within 30 days of placing your order. The download comes as a PDF document. Most computers come with a free Adobe Acrobat Reader, but if yours does not, you can download it for free at www.adobe.com under Products & Services.
Alternatively, you can choose to have the hunt mailed to you on CD. Please note this incurs an additional $10 shipping and handling fee.