The Hollywood Treasure Hunt, The Search for the Destiny Diamond, is a clue-based treasure hunt that will make any tween or teen Hollywood party a smashing success! The Hollywood Treasure Hunt is great for sleepovers, birthday parties, or any fun get together with your friends.
Hollywood Treasure Hunt Premise
Participants are given a “hunt book” with a fictitious map of Hollywood and a series of clues. A few clues can be solved with the treasure hunt book alone, but most require the guests to explore the party area to discover additional information in order to figure out the solutions. The clues can be solved in any order with the exception of the final clue, so it is up to the individual teams to determine their best course. The final clue will reveal how teams can put the individual clue solutions together to find the Destiny Diamond.
Solution: Teams go to the specified location where they will receive a handout showing a variety of stars with celebrity names written on them. Only one star matches a location name on the map revealing Beverly Hills as the solution to this clue.
Who the Hollywood Treasure Hunt Is For
- Can be played as individuals, or with teams
What makes this hunt ideal for tweens and teens?
The hunt is:
- Clever – Puzzles and clues are challenging, but fun to solve.
- Themed – All of the clues relate to Hollywood-inspired people or places in some way.
- Flexible – This hunt is designed so that the additional clue information can be hidden anywhere making this hunt ideal for a house, apartment, park, or even a mall. The download includes tips on how to adapt the hunt based on the hunt location.
What’s Included in the Hollywood Treasure Hunt*
- Directions – A step-by-step walk-through of what you need to do to implement the hunt.
- Pre-preparations – What to do in the lead-up to the hunt*
- How to run the hunt – Including tips for a successful event
- Solutions to the clues
- Nine clues/puzzles plus one final clue (seven utilize handouts or props)
- Blank templates with coordinating graphic design that can be used for invitations, food labels, place cards, name tags, etc.
*Your downloaded materials contain a professionally designed clue book, additional handouts for some clues, and a complete set of directions. However, this hunt requires you to prepare some “clue stations” ahead of time with specific items or props. Some items, such as popcorn served in bowls and an award statue, will need to be purchased, but all can be found inexpensively in your local area.
Length of the Hollywood Treasure Hunt
The length of the Hollywood Treasure Hunt can be set by you. You will want to schedule approximately 1 hour for guests to solve all of the clues. The final clue and reveal of the winner / winning team should take approximately 10 minutes.
How the Hollywood Treasure Hunt is Delivered
If you choose the download, in the order confirmation page and confirmation email there will be a link where you can click to download your purchased product. Otherwise, you can revisit www.mastersofthehunt.com and click on the “Login” link at the top of the site – then go to “My Account.” When you log on, the hunt can be retrieved from “My Downloads.”
Please note, downloads are available from the moment your order is complete and remain available within 30 days of placing your order. The download comes as a PDF document. Most computers come with a free Adobe Acrobat Reader, but if yours does not, you can download it for free at www.adobe.com under Products & Services.
Alternatively, you can choose to have the hunt mailed to you on CD. Please note this requires you to send us a list of your personalized clue locations and incurs an additional $10 processing, shipping, and handling fee.