Arrr…ye up for the challenge? Like the Teen & Adult Masters of the Pirate Treasure Hunt, this is an engaging pirate treasure hunt utilizing a variety of props and printable clue cards. However, some of the clues have been modified for younger participants.
Pirate Treasure Hunt Premise
Participants set sail for locations around the hunt area to find and solve clues. All of the clue solutions are locations on a fictional treasure map, so this pirate treasure hunt can be hosted absolutely anywhere. After participants find and solve all of the clues, they meet to receive a final clue that leads one lucky participant or team to find the key to a treasure chest filled with bounty for the winner.
Participants get props to use in solving clues, which ups the “cool factor.” For instance, for one of the clues, participants get an eye patch and a Clue Card that partially spells out a solution. The Clue Card tells them to apply what they’ve been given and a solution will appear. When participants figure out they need to use the eye patch – in this instance it’s an I-patch – and insert the letter I in all of the missing blanks a solution is spelled out.
Who the Pirate Treasure Hunt is For
- Kids – Aged 10 – 13
- Can be played with individual participants or with teams
What makes this pirate treasure hunt ideal for children aged 10-13? The clues are:
- Designed With Tweens In Mind – 10-13 is a challenging age group. We understand that tweens want challenging clues, but they can’t be so hard that they can’t come up with the solutions. We also know tweens abhor anything childish, which this hunt is not!
- Visually Appealing – The hunt materials are professionally designed to give it a polished look. The pirate treasure hunt materials are typeset on paper that looks like aged parchment. But, don’t worry about not being able to use the materials – they all come in an easy-to-use PDF document. See the How The Pirate Hunt Is Delivered section for more information.
- Customized – You have control over how the pirate hunt is delivered to the participants. Our Go-To Cards allow you to write in where you want to hide clues. So, you can host this pirate hunt virtually anywhere – at home, at work, outside or indoors. The pirate hunt is also designed so if you don’t like a clue you can skip it. We tell you how to tweak the pirate hunt to suit your needs, so you can personalize this experience.
What’s Included in the Pirate Treasure Hunt for Kids
- Directions – A step-by-step walk-through of what you need to do to implement the pirate hunt
- Pre-preparations – What to do in the lead-up to the pirate hunt
- How to run the hunt – Including tips for a successful event
- Supply list*
- Print-outs – All of the printer-ready handouts you will need for the pirate hunt including:
- Go To Cards – Location cards where you have hidden clues
- Clue Cards – All of the solutions to the clues are place names on the treasure map
- Treasure Map – A cool looking, fictional pirate map listing pirate-themed place name solutions
- Answer Sheets – Where participants keep track of clue solutions
- 8 clues/puzzles, 1 final clue (6 incorporate props)
*The pirate treasure hunt for kids does not include all of the supplies you will need to deliver some of the clues. But, all of the materials, such as eye patches, are affordable and all can be found locally.
Length of Hunt
Our hunts are designed to be very flexible in the amount of time it takes to run the hunt. You can customize this hunt based on where and how well you hide the clues. You can also shorten the hunt by eliminating some of the clues. Typical hunts last between 30 minutes to one hour.
Preparing for Your Hunt
Give yourself plenty of time to plan your hunt. Although we have tried to make this an easy process for you, the very nature of planning a custom hunt in your specific location will take some preparation. Read through your Directions document as soon as possible. This will explain anything that you need to purchase or prepare prior to your hunt. Most hunts will require you to plan out where you want to hide your clues. Some hunts, such as the Pirate Hunt, Teen Treasure Hunt, Haunted Hunt and the Make it Your Own Customizable Hunt require you to purchase/gather items and set up clue stations. These hunts could take up to 4 hours to plan depending on your location and experience in this type of activity.
How The Pirate Hunt Is Delivered
If you choose the download, in the order confirmation page and confirmation email there will be a link where you can click to download your purchased product. Otherwise, you can revisit www.mastersofthehunt.com and click on the “Login” link at the top of the site – then go to “My Account.” When you log on, the pirate hunt can be retrieved from “My Downloads.” Please note, downloads are available from the moment your order is complete and remain available within 30 days of placing your order. The download comes as a PDF document. Most computers come with a free Adobe Acrobat Reader, but if yours does not, you can download it for free at www.adobe.com under Products & Services.
Alternatively, you can choose to have the pirate hunt mailed to you on CD. Please note this incurs an additional $10 shipping and handling fee.
If you are searching the high seas for a pirate treasure hunt that will entertain children ages 10-13, look no more! Drop anchor on the Masters of the Pirate Hunt!